Compact and self-stacking, the Kvaser PC104+ board complies with the flexible PC/104-Plus specification. Allowing embedded system designers to substantially reduce development costs and time. The Kvaser PC104+ board represents a dual channel CAN interface, with a high performance microcontroller onboard.
- Compliant with the PC/104-Plus specification
- Stack-through connector
- On-board 16-bit microcontroller
- Communicates with the PC through a fast DPRAM
- CAN Controller from Renesas (M16C)
- Supports CAN 2.0 A and 2.0 B (active)
- Supports Silent Mode
- High-speed ISO 11898 compliant driver circuits, supports bit rates up to 1 Mbit/s
- Optoisolated driver circuits with fast optocouplers
- CAN oscillator frequency: 16 MHz
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation
- Dimensions 91 x 96 mm (approx. 3.6 x 3.8 in.)
- Interfaces the CAN bus with IDC Headers or 9 pin DSUB connectors
- Wide temperature range, -40°C – +85°C
Note: the ISA bus connector is a pass-through connector. The card does not use the ISA bus. It is PCI only.
Software and Documentation
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free from www.kvaser.com, or they can be purchased on CD if preferred. Updates of the software are regularly posted on the web. The following free software is available for the Kvaser PC104+ board.
- Driver routines: driver support for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista and Windows NT 4.0.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK, which includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN boards. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, Delphi, Visual Basic, and C#. All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one board type will run without modifications on the other board types!
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface
- J2534 Application Programming Interface
- Kvaser CanKing, a general-purpose interactive CAN bus monitor.
- Kvaser PC104+ HS/HS (Item No. 00336-1)
PC/104-Plus CAN interface board with dual channels and 10 Pin IDC Headers CAN connectors. Handles a bit rate from 5 kbits/s up to 1 Mbits/s.
- Kvaser PC104+ HS/HS (Item No. 00352-1)
PC/104-Plus CAN interface board with dual channels and 9 Pin DSUB CAN connectors. Handles a bit rate from 5 kbits/s up to 1 Mbits/s.