- A selection of technologies that are used to fingerprint a CAN bus.
- This can then be used to detect a cyber attack on the CAN bus, e.g.
- Spoofing of a device or ECU
- Denial of Service
- Identifying which ECU is the source of an attack
Attack examples include:
- AdBlue ECU cheat on a truck – pretending tank is full so that engine does not go into limp-home mode
- Accident data manipulation
- Tachograph cheating
- Making control system dangerous by malicious attack
- Manipulation of Battery Management System data
An application for CyberCAN is Battery Passport in which CyberCAN is used to protect against battery usage data manipulation.
If you are interested in more information on CyberCAN, please contact email@example.com