100BASE-T1 MEDIA CONVERTER
A bi-directional physical layer converter between 100BASE-T1 (OPEN Alliance BroadR-Reach – OABR) and 100BASE-TX (Fast Ethernet), enabling the user to easily connect automotive cameras or ECUs with OABR / Automotive Ethernet
media link to a standard computer network.
The interface establishes a point-to-point link between an unshielded twisted-pair Automotive Ethernet (IEEE 100BASE-T1) port and a Fast Ethernet port. The converter features one DSUB9 (BroadR-Reach, CAN bus), one Fast Ethernet po
rt with RJ-45 connector, and a Micro-USB connector. The BroadR-Reach channel is configurable as either Master or Slave by a switch button or programmatically, and the device can be powered either via DSUB connector or via USB.
- 100BASE-T1 to 100BASE-TX media conversion
- Master/Slave configuration for BroadR-Reach
- DSUB9 connector for T1, RJ-45 connector for Ethernet
- Power 9-30 V DC over DSUB or Micro-USB connector
- 6 status LEDs
- 2 DIP switches
- Automatic polarity detection for OABR Slave
- Media test for T1 cable – can detect a shortage, cut-off and impedance mismatch
- Table top or DIN-rail mount
The converter offers a possibility to access SMI registers of both transreceivers (PHYs) via a CAN bus or a USB’s virtual serial port. This enables the user to evaluate signal strength, detect polarity of the T1 port, carry out a BroadR-Reach media test to diagnose cable errors, fine-tune the PHYs parameters, and generally to read and write the registers.
We also distribute Star Cooperation’s FlexRay and Automotive Ethernet products in the UK, please use the links below for information and then Contact Us