The LIN stack from Warwick Control is generated from the customer LIN Description File and delivered as C code. It has the following Features:
- Supports the popular industry standard file format LDF (LIN Description File)
- Different variants of LIN available (LIN v1.3, LIN 2.0 and LIN 2.1)
- MISRA compliant C code generated.
- Layered design reduces cost for different hardware target through tool chain component reuse.
- Support currently available for Atmel AVR, Microchip PIC, Freescale and Infineon Tricore microcontrollers
- Easy to support alternative microcontrollers due software layering and therefore a Hardware Abstraction Layer modification is all that is required to move to different architectures
|LIN Version||V1.3, v2.0 and v2.1|
|LIN Master Communication||Supported|
|LIN Slave Communication||Supported|
|Synchronisation from Synch Field||Callback function provided|
|Class 1 diagnostics and configuration||Yes *|
|Class 2 diagnostics and configuration||Yes *|
|Class 3 diagnostics and configuration||Yes *|
* Function may be fully implemented or provide a callback for the user to enter their custom implementation. Contact Warwick Control for full details of implementation.
Warwick Control LIN Stack Product History
The Warwick Control LIN stack was originally developed within the Eureka MEDEA+ pan-European project Silicon Systems for Automotive Electronics (SSAE) in which a number of automotive OEMs, first tier suppliers and semiconductor manufacturers collaborated. Subsequently one of the project partners commissioned Warwick Control to modify the LIN stack for production use in the communications of their Transmission Control Unit for LIN v1.3 and v2.0. Since its development, it has been updated to support v2.1 and used on many automotive products and microcontrollers.
The LIN stack development and project applications includes the following:
- LIN 1.3 for Eureka MEDEA+ for Atmel 8051 variant in 2003/2004
- Conformance tested under French OEM process
- LIN Master for Infineon Tricore in Transmission Control Unit (TCU) communication
- LIN 1.3 in US/European vehicle programme in 2004 (3 nodes)
- LIN 2.0 in German luxury car manufacturer (3 nodes)
- Adapted to APIs defined by Hersteller Initiative Software (HIS)
- MISRA-C, Unit, HSIT and 1st tier supplier conformance testing applied
- LIN 2.0 Slave for Atmel AVR for CO2 sensor in 2008 (2 nodes)
- LIN 2.0 Slave for Atmel AVR BLDC motor controller in 2009 (6 nodes)
- LIN 1.3 for Microchip PIC 16f steering wheel switch communication for UK luxury sportscar manufacturer in 2011 (6 nodes)
- LIN 2.1 for a major Chinese OEM in 2008/2009 for Freescale 5567