We have both Courses to bring you up to speed with your flavour of CAN and Aids to help develop your use with our Youtube channel
CAN & J1939/NMEA2000/CANopen Training for Engineers and Technicians
Overview This learning opportunity is an all encompassing In-Vehicle Networks technical training with the emphasis on Controller Area Network (CAN). CAN will be extensively covered along with Signals interpretation and the J1939 Higher Layer Protocol and NMEA2000. Also covered will be CAN On Board Diagnostics (OBD).
There will be theory sessions intermingled with hands on training session.
We can tailor the session for parties of 4 or more if there is an area of particular interest. A typical session is outlined in the example below:
Training Schedule Lunch is provided and is a cold buffet, please inform us of any dietary requirements. £399.00 ex vat
For single bookings click here
For group bookings get in touch on the form.
Please fill out form opposite
LIN Protocol Training
LIN Protocol Introduction
LIN is a low-cost network often used to complement a CAN network for body and chassis electronics where the bandwidth and flexibility of CAN is not required.
You will learn the LIN protocol, configuration language and the API. The differences between the various versions of LIN are also discussed. A demonstration illustrating how LIN frames are constructed and their architecture is given.
Objective: To give students an in-depth knowledge of LIN and its different implementations.
Who should attend: Engineers and technical personnel. Knowledge of in-vehicle networking is helpful, but not necessary.
Course Outline: (1 day)
- Introduction: General LIN Overview
- Where LIN is used
- LIN Protocol – 1.2, 1.3, 2.0 (and SAE J2602), 2.1, 2.2 – differences between versions
- LDF – LIN Description Files – How to understand
- Schedule Tables
- Analysis of the LIN bus
- Diagnostics and Configuration – including differences between
- LIN implementation
• Welcome, safety, in-vehicle networking intro and motivations for LIN
• Time Triggered Network Theory – The Method Used by LIN
• LIN 1.x overview
• LIN 2.x (inc. J2602, AUTOSAR, ISO) – building on LIN 1.x and this includes up to LIN v2.2a
• LIN Diagnostics and Configuration
– LIN Assembly Example
• LIN Design Process (Design, LIN API & analysis)
• LIN Design Tools
• Questions and Close
Course Cost includes materials – fill out form opposite
NMEA2000/J1939 Development using a Protocol Stack
Date is set upon customer request. Price also upon request. please complete form below
This course is for customers of our protocol stack kit who would like to increase their knowledge to take on their development project. Therefore the aim of the course is to become oriented on the technology, the protocol stack and X-Analyser for testing.
Prerequisite electronics and basic understanding of C programming
- CAN physical data link and application layers
- J1939/NMEA2000 protocols
- Introduction to stack and tools
- Working with J1939
- Working with NMEA2000
- Porting to new targets
- Practical- implementation of sensor on STM32 board
- Testing of your design using X-Analyser
- Test PGNs
- Test bus loading and error frames
- Test popular higher layer protocol services (e.g. Product Info request, Config Info request, Request for Address Claimed, Commanded Address)
T-Script CAN Programming Language for Kvaser CAN Interfaces
- T-Script is the C-like programming language that can be downloaded into the Professional level of Kvaser CAN interfaces to carry out complex actions such as ECU simulation, gateways, automated test scripts etc.
- As well as providing Kvaser interfaces, Warwick Control are also able to carry out technical training on the T-Script programming language
Date is set upon customer request. Price also upon request. please complete form opposite